Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Job Shadow

My job shadowing experience was not anything like what I was expecting. I had expressed interest in Pharmacy and wasn’t quite sure what I would be doing during the shadow. I ended up in a conference room at UNMC. I had expected to maybe meet with some one in the medical field or my field of interest. Instead a group of other summer scholars and I meet with a member of UNMC’s multicultural department. He passed out a lot of information on the college and different careers within the medical field. It wasn’t what I had been expecting and some of it was boring and not very useful to be honest. But I did find one piece of information that was useful to me. I found a new career in the medical field that I would possibly be interested in, bio-medical science, pretty much being a bio-tech. The career involves studying patient samples such as blood ext. So the job shadow didn’t really end in a complete failure. It was want I had thought it would be but it still had its positive aspects.

No comments: